Free Early Education
“Children learn in a bright and welcoming environment that is well planned to meet their needs and interests. Teaching is purposeful and children are encouraged to learn through developmentally appropriate play. They make good progress.”
2 Year Old Provision
From September 2013, some 2 year olds in the Bradford District are entitled to free early education places. Your child will qualify for a place if you receive any of the following benefits or you meet any of the other criteria below:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The “Guarantee” element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit and whose earnings from employment are below £16,190
- Working Tax Credit with earnings from employment which are below £16,190
You will also qualify if your child meets any criteria below:
- They are looked after by the Local Authority
- They have left care through special guardianship or an adoption or residence order
- They have a statement of special educational needs / an education, health and care plan or claim Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
If you are eligible, your child will be offered a place for up to 15 hours a week. Please contact us to find out what places we have available.
3 Year Old Provision
All three and four year olds are entitled to a free early education place from the term following their third birthday. The Local Authority makes available free early education places offering 570 hours a year over no fewer than 38 weeks of the year for every eligible child in the Bradford District from the relevant date following their third birthday until they reach compulsory school age (the beginning of the term following their fifth birthday). From September 2017 the number of hours available will increase in line with changes in government policy. Please get in touch if you would like your child to receive their early education place with us.
If you child is already with us then you will be able to access this funding and see a reduction in your childcare costs.
Please get in touch for more information.